Great weekends in music
’Twas a very good one; the following new tunes were recently added, and loudly played these past few days…
- broke up with eMusic last month → much happier
- The Stone Roses (1989): last great find on eMusic
- Vampire Weekend (2008): I… don’t get it
- The Moon & Antartica (2000), Modest Mouse: “the Universe is shaped exactly like the Earth”
- Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not (2006), Arctic Monkeys: nice
- Revolutions Per Minute (2003), Rise Against: love it, Elena not so much
- (500) Days of Summer (2009): so I can tolerate Regina Spektor
- No More Shall We Part (2001), Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds: intense beauty, deep sorrow, can’t fail
- Sunday was Dire Straits day thanks to Cutlers-style serendipity; four hours of uninterrupted bliss:
- Muse (Absolution) and Portastatic (Nature of Sap, Sour Shores) interlude, from the archives
- and now… The Wash EP (2009) by The Last Minutes, thanks to Wesleying: yep!
I know, I know. You don’t stumble across music criticism this astute every day. Count your blessings, dear reader.